Ottobock Shape System® (OBSS) Qualification Course
1.2 CEUs (RESNA)
This course is designed to provide Rehab Technology Suppliers with thorough knowledge regarding use of our Otto Bock Shape System (OBSS) in order to achieve optimum outcomes for clients needing custom contoured wheelchair seating. The fabrication process is reviewed and discussed, including a tour of the Fabrication Services center where participants will have the opportunity to observe the production process for OBSS cushions. Software is reviewed in detail and participants will split into small breakout groups to ensure extensive practice time with the patient fitting and image capturing equipment.
- Adequate knowledge of wheelchair seating clinical guidelines and terminology
- Preferably ATP credentialed
- Recent purchase or current owner of OBSS custom contoured molding system
- Basic knowledge of computers and computer terminology
Upon completion of the course the student will be able to:
- effectively repeat the seven steps necessary to capture basic patient data within the Otto Bock Shape System software for either a full custom contoured seating system or a single custom contoured cushion.
- to identify the steps and utilize the necessary tools within the software and the computer to transmit a patient file via email to the Otto Bock Fabrication Center.
- demonstrate proper use of the patient molding equipment in order to address specific postural asymmetries such as a leg length discrepancy, windswept deformity, or scoliosis
- complete the OBSS cushion order form correctly as it relates to the manufacturing of the appropriate seating system for the patient.